Thursday, October 21, 2010

Go! Be Dazzled

It's been a busy week for me.... my big accomplishment is to finish and quilt a Go! Be Dazzled quilt for a customer. It's embroidery machine applique, but the embroidery is spectacular! The embroidery and quilt designs are by Sarah Vedeler Designs, the appliques are cut by the Accuquilt Go! Cutter. The cover quilt for her design pack will be hanging at the Houston International Quilt Festival in a couple weeks, so my customer and I finished this quilt so Sarah would have a fantastic quilt to show with her patterns. If you see this at Houston Market or at the Festival, check it out, and tell Sarah hello!


A closer look... a close-up of the filler I used in the black, free-flowing feathers in the four corners. This was done on a Gammil Classic, an older model but is stitch regulated. I do mostly fee-hand work.



In the outer border I quilted swaying feathers. I did create a template to mark the sway, but the feathers are free-hand. I frequently do registration marks like this so I can have some consistency in my free-hand designs.
All the applique patches for this quilt can be cut on the Accuquilt Go! Cutter. Sarah's pattern details the dies required for this project, but you can see that some of these elements look familar... feathers, circles, hearts, stars, funky flowers, round flowers... hmmm....





Update: Here's a photo of the three of us involved with this quilt! Left to right, Judy Steenblik, quiltmaker,  Judy Danz (well, me), machine quilter, and Sara Vedeler, quilt designer and embroidery digitizer. Check out the Accuquilt booth at Houston next week. You can see this quilt in real life there!

 

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic! The quilt looks great- the design is exciting, I have been looking to get a GO to keep at the lake for when I want to play with scraps, I love the applique feathers.- cw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt! I also love the applique and accuquilt dies. I will be getting these soon! I watched your tutorial for the Rose of Sharon die for the Go, I have it in the Accuquilt cutter, I will be using your tips for cutting scraps with my Accuquilt (Will be getting the go in a couple of weeks also!!!!)
    Jan
    http://djthreads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read your profile, I am a colon cancer survivor! 6 months NED!!! Working towards the 5 year mark. CA Survivors Rock!
    Jan
    http://djthreads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt is out of this world and how nice that it was cut with the GO. I will have to one day get the Rose of Sharon die.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful job on the quilt. I got to see it at market and meet Sarah - she does beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please tell the quiltmaker that I like this colorway better than Sarah's ;-) .....just appeals to me. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from my visitors!